Pre Sea Training for Deck/Engine Rating
This course is of 4 months duration. On successful completion of this Pre-Sea Training, the candidates will be eligible to join India / Foreign Shipping companies as a Deck / Engine crew. With Further Sea Service, they will be promoted as a motorman / oil man. Fitter, BOSUN, Able-Bodied Seaman. They can also be promoted to Officer Level with certain service and qualification requirements.
Some important factors about the Course
Duration of the Course
Aims & Objectives of the Course
- A basic understanding of the Ship’s routine, its operations, legislation and related duties.
- A good foundation in the principles of Safety, Accident, Preventions, Pollution at Sea, Fire Fighting and First Aid.
- An idea of the theory and practice of a ship’s compass and hints on steering.
- Basic Engineering Knowledge, maintenance and safe working practices.
- Knowledge regarding tools, equipments & instruments commonly found on board ships.
- Practical knowledge of handling Ropes, Blocks, Sackles & Rigging.
- Practical Training in handling a life-raft, life-boat and starting its diesel engine.
- Practical workshop training in Carpentry, Plumbing, Machine Shop, Hot Work, Electrical and Diesel Engine Maintenance shop.
Curriculum for Pre- Sea Training for G.P. Rating
- Standard Marine Navigation Vocabulary and Use of English Language
- Knowledge of Ships and Shipping Industry
- Contribute to Monitoring and controlling a Safe Watch
- Steer the Ship and Comply with Helm Orders
- Keep a proper look out by sight and by Hearing
- Operate Emergency Equipment and Apply Emergency Procedure
- Survive at Sea in the Event of Ship Abandonment
- Minimize risk of Fire, Maintain State of Readiness, Fight and Extinguish Fires
- Take Immediate Action Upon Encountering an Accident or Other Medical Emergencies
- Comply with Emergency Procedures, Prevent Pollution and Contribute to Effective
- Human Relationship on Board Ship
- Machinery in Engine Room, Purpose, Location, and Basic Working Knowledge
- Carry out Watch Keeping Duties as Engine Room Rating Safe Working Practices and Related Engine Room Operations
- Basic Environment Protection Procedures.